Lilac and Amethyst are two of my favorite things in the whole world. It’s no secret that I love purple, which might have something to do with my love of this flower and crystal gemstone. One of my earliest childhood memories is walking along the front walk of my Grandparent’s home which was lined with beautiful, old lilac bushed that bloomed profusely every spring. Even though Lilac has a relatively short bloom period (usually only about two weeks!) every memory I have of that home is associated with the intoxicating scent of the Lilac flower – it is that powerful!
In my world, Lilac and Amethyst go hand in hand. They are both strongly connected to the Fairy Realm. Meditating near a Lilac bush in bloom, often results in a Fairy encounter. These Fairies have lilting, musical voices and they can help you bring harmony into all aspects of your life. A gift of Amethyst to these Fairies is said to not only protect your Lilac bush, but also promote love, harmony and balance in your home.
Lilac is associated with the Crown Chakra and for aiding in Divine connection. The scent of Lilac clears the mind, and can be used to balance and align your Chakra. This high vibration flower boosts clairvoyant abilities, and can be used in meditation to connect with your Spirit Guides or past life recollection. Try placing a Lilac sprig above your Crown Chakra during your meditation, allowing it to ease in your connection to Spirit and the Divine. You can also hold the flowers at your Heart Chakra, allowing its ethereal aroma waft upwards as you inhale up into your Third Eye and Crown Chakra. Both of these methods promote a unique mental stillness and allow for a clear channel to Spirit.
Amethyst is also associated with the Crown Chakra, and known for being a stone which strengthens ones connection with Spirit. Like its floral counterpart, it quiets the mind and inspires deep meditative states. This is a stone of passion, creativity, spirituality and mental clarity. You can use this stone to cleanse and protect your aura, shielding you from lower, negative energies, while staying safely open to the higher vibration energies of love and Divine Spirit.
Using Lilac and Amethyst for Spiritual connection:
Lilac and Amethyst can be used together or separately. Feel into the energy and let your intuition guide you!
- Meditate outdoors near a Lilac bush in bloom to foster a connection with Spirit, and open yourself up to Fairy encounters.
- To activate your Crown Chakra, place a sprig of Lilac over your head, or hold over your heart during meditation.
- Cleanse your aura with Lilac by passing it through your aura, and all around your body. Envision yourself surrounded by a white-violet light. Starting at your feet, gently wave your Lilac around your body and through your energy field, wafting away any negative energies. Work your way up and around your physical and energy bodies, past your Crown Chakra and over your head. As you sweep away all that does not serve your highest good, the white light deepens in color to match your Lilac.
- Wear Amethyst jewelry for protection and spiritual connection.
- Meditating with a piece of Amethyst can open a channel to the Divine and assist you in receiving and understanding guidance from Spirit.
- Gift small pieces of Amethyst to the Fairies. They will reward you in magical ways!
These are just a few ways I like to harness the high vibrational energies of Lilac and Amethyst, but the possibilities are virtually endless. How do you use Amethyst and Lilac in your daily life and spiritual practice?