As June winds down and we look forward to July which is right around the corner, I thought I would share with you a Tarot/Oracle card spread for welcoming in a new month. You can use this spread to help you identify the lessons the universe has been serving up to you, and take a sneak peek at what the new month has in store. There is also a gratitude component as gratitude is really key for growth, happiness, and expansion.
This is a simple three card spread designed to be laid out and read from left to right. (I am using June into July since that is where we are right now, at the time of this writing, but this spread is designed to be used at any time of year!)
- What lesson can I take from my experiences in June?
- What is something wonderful I can anticipate in July?
- What is something I can be grateful for as we welcome a new month?
I’m including a short & sweet sample reading to help give you an idea of how this spread flows. The cards I am using for this sample reading are the Modern Spellcaster’s Tarot.
- What lesson can I take from my experiences in June? Nine of Wands: The Nine of Wands serves as a reminder that any feelings of being trapped by your circumstances are only an illusion. In truth, you have all the tools you need to change your situation for the better, as long as you are willing to take a stand and do the work. In June, you learned not to fall into the trap of playing the blame game. You’ve learned that it’s more productive to take responsibility for where you are right now, and then you are better able to take inspired action steps toward where you’d rather be. This card also indicates the finding of one’s true inner strength, and the development of wisdom and self discipline gained through challenging experiences and adversity. Nine of Wands can also represent learning not to compromise your integrity and authenticity. This card can often point to a long term struggle which is almost nearing its end – if you can summon the strength to keep going just a little bit further, you will emerge stronger. In short, you are stronger than you think you are!
- What is something wonderful I can anticipate in July? Empress: Great news! July is looking to be a month filled with creativity and abundance. This is a time to birth new ideas, projects, and unrestrained creation. The Empress often indicates that the time for your deepest desires, hopes and dreams for your future to manifest in the physical world is near. The Empress is a card of good fortune, and often indicates that the generosity and kindness that you have shown to others is now starting to come back to you. This is a card of many blessings: love, kindness and nurturing. This July, you can look forward to reaping the harvest of your seeds well planted. Enjoy this coming time of growth, creativity, and joyful abundance.
- What is something I can be grateful for as we welcome a new month? Five of Wands: I love it when a somewhat challenging card like the Five of Wands appears in a positive position because it’s an opportunity to flex your “positive thinking” muscle to find the good side of what many people consider to be a negative card. Five of Wands here encourages you to be grateful for your ability to resolve conflict and to create something fantastic out of chaos. As we move into a new month, be grateful for the freedom and flexibility that you enjoy in life, and remember that even at the times when you can’t quite see where you are going, you are not alone. Five of Wands also speaks to your ability to harness chaotic energy in a creative and effective way. The Five of Wands in this position could also be a reminder to be grateful for your discernment in recognizing when it is time to change the energy from destructive to constructive, or to express gratitude for opportunities to look for common ground and for ways to work cooperatively and collectively.
Please try and enjoy this spread as you transition into the new month. If you do, I’d love to see your spreads so feel free to leave it in the comments!